I am like the most under travelled person amongst my friends, well until the MQC project came about. Now I like to believe I am more of a seasoned National flyer. I love flying, I love window seats-thanks Miss Z, I love looking at the landscapes, Rocky Mountain Range, the Prairies, it makes me feel like when I was a kid and went to the PNE and in that old building they had that topographical map with a moving bridge on it. Yes, I am that OLD.
Flying leaves me in awe and I am like a child discovering new things. I really, really, really like feeling childlike because it makes me think anything is possible. OK throw up now or do that vomit in your mouth thing, sentimental moment over NOW.
And now we are flying to Viva Las Vegas for a conference for the Man's business. The only other time we went somewhere together without children, then just one child, was in 2006, and it was this conference. We were on the plane, my first ever trip on a plane, and I burst out into tears! NOT because I was scared but because I realized that if we both died on the plane, or in Vegas, we didn't have a will or even life insurance, our baby, Jackson would be HOOPED.
3 years later we have a will and life insurance, aren't we so ADULT now. It just feels so morbid to talk about it, but it's the right thing to do. The will isn't official, just a simple will kit, but the hardest thing to do was appoint guardians. I can't even mention who we appointed, as it might turn ugly in the family, you wouldn't realize the feedback you get from people when you tell them who you want to look after your children, like its a popularity contest or something, as if ANYBODY would be any better than the actual PARENTS.
Hey if anyone is going to screw up these children it better be me or my Man.
Personally I would rather go somewhere HOT, but I'll go to Vegas, I'll go anywhere for FREE! Unfortunately Vegas was not the Vegas I had imagined, less Swingers more Broadway.
Last time we felt ripped off, we both had never gone, and we felt obligated to plan to do things together with the Man's work partners, and their wives. I really don't know them that well, and well we don't exactly hang out, on top of it, they are related to each other. Chris's one partner is the brother to the other partner's wife, confused yet?
Anyway, as the guys went to play golf minus my Man, not a golf enthusiast, we decided to go check out our hotel, New York New York, and the strip. The wives decided to lay around by the pool.
We checked out the roller coaster, it looked so unbelievable, but decided that we should ask the others if they want to go. Then we were offered cheap tickets to Cirque du Soleil show, we didn't know if the others would want to go, so we declined until we could talk to them. We thought it would be great to go up to the top of the Eiffel tower, but decided to wait and talk to the others. WE didn't end of doing any of these things and felt really disappointed about it.
We noticed the time, decided to head back as we were already late for our meeting time, and realized that even though it feels like the hotels are close together, it's really just the illusion that the LARGE and in CHARGE Vegas billboards and hotel signs create, DAMN you David Copperfield!
Once back we soon realized that we were skipping the boat tour of Lake Mead and Hoover Dam, as the boys did more drinking than golfing, and they were in dire need of some rest or at least a small hiatus from alcohol, but they were definitely not having any part of a boat ride.

So we decided to have dinner together. Yeah, I thought, perhaps we can get to know each other. Oh they got to know me alright.
I had just finished weening Jackson off the Boob, Breast for all you shy folks. And I don't care what anyone else says, you DON'T LOSE WEIGHT breastfeeding, unless you are a celebrity who has a trainer, a chef, and a surgeon who performs liposuction during your C-section. The hungriest time in my life is when I was breastfeeding the kids. I would be woken up in the middle of the night, by my stomach growling. My new staple was peanut butter on stoned wheat thins, and an apple, and glass of milk. There was no way that I would be downsizing the diet in Vegas, not the city known for their BUFFETS.
I mentally was still in breastfeed mode, I mean I still wore easy boob accessible clothing like this tank, check out that cleavage!
<----------------------------------------------
We hadn't eaten since 9am, we skipped lunch, and didn't have anything to eat, because we were going on this boat for a fancy dinner at 3pm. Skipped the boat, meet up in the casino at 5:30pm, they show up at 6pm. Drink and gamble for an hour, decide to walk the strip. WE did not have a reservation anywhere, all the good restaurants were full, we continued to walk and drink, I started drinking Caesars for the celery. WE walked, they stopped to do shots, we walked through the hotels for the restaurants, all full, we stopped looked around more and drank more, we walked more, then we arrived at Caesar's Palace.
I walked into the Gap and started to cry, I was dying, DYING of hunger, I couldn't drink anymore, I just couldn't. Then I started to get all super emotional, missing the boy, and tears started welling up in my eyes. Then the others started to slowly notice, and walk away from me, as the Man approached and asked me what was wrong.
I had been saying I was hungry all along, I said I WAS HUNGRY, I totally blurted it out during the tears and self pity sobs.
Quickly they found a restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory, and we proceeded to wait another hour.
It was exactly 10pm, 13 HOURS since food passed these lips, minus the Caesar celery. I ordered way too much, as CF has huge portions, and ate only 1/2 of it. We may not have see the Hoover Dam, but there was some HOOVERing of my own going on.

Then I was normal, well reasonably, I will never ever be classified as NORMAL, I mean, really, its me and all.
Then the wives commented, so you were HUNGRY? I nodded realizing that they were quite scared of the Mental Meltdown Naomi, and stated, well I only had breakfast 13 hours ago.
One wife also commented, that's when we both ate last, thinking they must've had a HONKING breakfast to not be hungry.
What did you eat? I asked, Oh we both split a bagel.


that's so funny..I personally LOVE food and usually count the minutes between meals..I'll eat just about anything it is acceptable to put sour cream, cream cheese or gravy on...I have a sister who eats nothing (she is thin and beautiful) BUT at least I'm really happy and enjoying every gravy covered bite of life!
ReplyDeleteWell I hope this time around you eat your way thru fun, entertainment and loads of shopping!! Good luck on buying that purse!!
ReplyDeletedont know if i was meant to read or not, but funny to read now!! Kel
ReplyDelete