But really it's Dad, it's not Mom.
Working, parenting, meals, and chores...Oh MY!
(to the tune of Lions, and tigers, and bears)
GAH!
I had to take out the GARBAGE! In my home I will refuse to do certain tasks, as then I will probably get stuck with them! I absolutely REFUSE to take out the garbage, ABSOLUTELY! Then I had to and although it wasn't that bad, I HATED IT! Another thing to do!
Gosh single parenting sure brings out the exclamation marks!!!!!!!
I must confess, I let the kids get away with things when I am the solo parent.
Last night, I was so exhausted, I let the kids battle for the bed. THE BED, Mom & Dad's bed, when I usually am reeming out the man for letting our oldest cuddle and then do the scoop and transfer (of Jackson to his own bed).
Last night I did it with them both!
Unfortunately I was busted as I sent a pic from THE iPhone to the man in a text message, such an AWESOME feature, and he noted that it was Daddy's side they were on.
Oh I guess they are on your side, I said sheepishly. BUSTARAMA!
Then some things go even smoother, like I don't find stinky Man socks loitering around the house, I don't have a mound of laundry, the kids are bathed and ready for bed (at a descent time), Dad is not winding them up by wrestling with them, I have the bed ALL to myself, well sortof!
But then some things suck, like the kids don't get to wrestle with Daddy, the kids keep asking where Daddy is, the kids keep telling me Dad's at work, the kids try to wrestle with me, I have to do the garbage, I can't run my long run Sunday morning, I don't get Sunday breakfast made for me, and I make too much dinner.
Mostly, I feel even more exhausted and cranky!! <---notice more exclamation marks!!!
I do not know how real single parents do it! I BOW DOWN to you SG'S!


No comments:
Post a Comment