Sunday, August 2, 2009

CaBOON Birthdays

Jackson was born in late July... and that is when we are usually at the cabin in Christina Lake, BC. Unfortunately there is no quaint baker there, making cakes for special occasions. Jackson doesn't care, he just wants the CAAAAKKKKEEE!

As a mom I feel the need to try a little harder, so I drove the 20 minutes (watching for deer) to Grand Forks and decided to hit ALL the grocery stores, BUY LOW, OVERWAITEA, EXTRA FOODS...none at Buy Low, Extra Foods would take an already pre-made cake and write his name on it, but Overwaitea actually had cake designs. There was even BATMAN! I was so excited but it was 9am and I wanted it today. I asked the bakery girl and she took one look at Jackson (who wouldn't let me leave the cabin without him/also wanted to make sure he liked whatever I got) and told me they "had to for such a cute guy's 4th birthday!". YES! I just had to come back at 1pm in 38 degree heat. OK! Done! Drive back to the the lake, 30 minutes this time because of deer not deciding whether or not to cross Hwy 3.

12:30pm on the most stinking hot day yet at the cabin, and I grab my wallet and Jackson and head out. I was early (no deer) and decided to stop at the local Bargain One store, SCORED Black Batman Jammies with a cape as a gift, now onto the cake.

As soon as I see the girl, she says, "Oh I was trying to call you....ah it didn't quite work out" "I won't charge you for the design and just charge you for a plain cake". I am thinking how bad is it?

Well you decide.




No comments:

Post a Comment