OhMiGod! Have I really become that, ahem, DOMESTICATED that I am actually put off by the less than amazing life span of a washer & dryer...Hmmm GUESS SO!
But honestly this is the contraption that I have been dealing with...
Yes that is a screw driver bit, it's used to keep the door locked so the spin cycle can work. Also we had to use a bladeless hockey stick to prop up the top so I could fiddle with the damn screw thingy, which I would lose at least once a load! My Man and me had MANY an argument as, for some reason, it just wouldn't spin for me?!!???! What is my problem?!?!? WIRES, SCREW BITS, WATER....I am LUCKY I didn't get electrocuted! Lesson learned: research washers even if you are buying them 2ND-hand. This was a Maytag Neptune that had a WHOLE bunch of stuff recalled on it...hence the $100. buck goodness that lasted 6 months. One word honey: GOOGLE!
So I wonder how long this one is going to last.....

ANY TAKERS on what is going to go next? Sorry to those folks who are betting Hot Water Tank, it's already been replaced earlier this year!
P.S. We only spent $1400. on this laundry pair, the salesman STILL couldn't sell me on STEAM!




Things break down faster now because of all the electronic components. Even our last Kenmore Front loader had just mechanical dials and none of these electronic doo-hickeys. Same with fridges etc. Expected life span maxed at 8 years for any appliance. So why does my mom still have the same harvest gold fridge from 1980?!! No, it doesn't make ice but it does the job.
ReplyDelete