Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fashion-Easty!



Who is this little Fashionista?

I remember NEVER wanting to wear pink, as I wanted to be a boy, like my Big Brother, and play hockey. I remember that we didn't have a girl's hockey league, so my Mom and Dad had mentioned ringette. My brother stated that ringette wasn't REAL hockey, so of course I wouldn't dare sign up. I lasted halfway through one ballet class, where I proceeded to cry and leave in the middle of it.

As a teenager I played basketball with fierceness, known for my elbows when battling for the ball. I liked Depeche Mode, and hung out at Shakers, Luvafair, and the Odyssey downtown. I was a cross between Mod and Punk. I liked to wear black so much that it looked like I was a permanent member of a funeral procession, I even had the black preacher hat. I had a running account with I.C.E. Mist by Joico and would turn to Aqua Net hairspray in a pinch, it worked well with my krimping iron. I would NEVER wear pink.

My little girl likes all things girly, dresses, the colour pink, and shiny shoes, she's only 2. She will have a Sissy Hissy if you don't dress her in what she prefers. Easty says cheese whenever a camera is around, and her favourite possession is her pink 'Baby' blanket, with accompanying doll of the day.

And recently she enjoyed pretend make-uping, which Grandma got her started on.


I admit to letting my hair designer cut her locks. She enjoyed every minute of it, check out that smile.


When we heard the Doctor announce, It's a Girl! I was surprised, testosterone runs rampant in both our families. My Dad was the second of eight boys, and my Man is the oldest of his three brothers.



I may have been surprised that she was a girl but I am thrilled and love my little girly girl. Maybe Easton might want to play hockey, if she does I bet she will opt for the pink Easton hockey skates instead of the black.

1 comment: